Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Wanna Be!

I love the song "I Wanna Be" by J Moss with PJAM. He is singing his soul out about all he wants to be for God's use and glory. I love the part where he sings, "I want to be inseparable I wanna be all you want me to be." Isn't that what it's all about? At the end of the day after I've gotten it wrong on so many different accounts and messed up another opportunity, I still desire to be all He wants me to be. I want to the the righteousness of Christ! I want to go where He wants me to go! I want to do what He wants me to do! You should know, by the time J is singing the part, “I’ll do it! I'll do it! Just send me Lord I'll go!" I'm like HECK YEAH that's me! The truth is at times it seems almost impossible to live a life fully committed to God AND live in this sin-filled world. Every day, temptations present themselves in our lives, but Paul instructs us to present our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable which is our reasonable service unto God.

The Bible says be holy as I am holy. OUCH!!! Real truth for our unholy lives. Merriam defines holy as exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness. The Greek word for holy is "hagios" which means sacredness, being consecrated to God, or worthy of God, free from impurity.

Elohim Kadoshim~ The Holy God

God wants us to be just like Him! We are his workmanship, created in His image, joint heirs to an everlasting Kingdom! We are sanctified by the lamb of the blood because God who is Holy and wants us to be Holy like Him, HATES sin! Sin~ a very small word, but yet such an enormous problem in all of our lives. It's easy to label what we consider sin to be: murder, sexual sins, lust, envy, and on and on. NEWSFLASH! ALL sin is unrighteousness in His eyes! That's the wonderful news about sanctification-the cleansing process that restores us and makes us righteous in His eyes. I pray people will begin to realize that they can't do ANYTHING to earn salvation; it really is God's gift to us (grace) through Jesus. Once we can accept the fact that He has paid an enormous price on Calvary for the sins of the world, it's easier to begin to emulate our Heavenly Father. I know we mess up, but we can always praise God for being Jehovah Mekaddishem the Lord who Sanctifies and chose us to be His very own chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people. Every day we can worship Him for being Jehovah Tsidkenu The Lord our Righteousness who makes us righteous through faith in Jesus Christ. Take time to bless Him for being El Bereeth, The God of Covenant who is longsuffering and wants none of us to perish. The price of our salvation has already been bought through the blood of the Lamb! Hallelujah!!!

It's 1:42 in the morning here, and as I close out this blog and prepare for bed, I still desire to be just like Him so I can be used by Him. In Psalm 24, David asked the question, "Who can go up to the house of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place?" The answer is in verse 4, and all I can say is everyday I'm trying because more than anything I really do want to be just like Him.

Genesis 1:27
Psalm 24:3
Jeremiah 33:16
Romans 5:21
Romans 8:17
Romans 12:1
1 Corinthians 1:30
1 Peter 1:16
2 Peter 3:9
1 John 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

I pray that as you read "Th Onyx Chronicles", you will be blessed richly as you love Him more deeply, and become more rooted in His truths. God Bless You!