Thursday, February 18, 2010

For My Good

Psalm 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted. That I may learn your statutes.

I HAD to give up FB for Lent because of the great sacrifice that I knew it would mean to me personally. These next forty days will challenge me in ways I would've never expected if I had not given up FB. Already I can sense and feel a move of God behind the scene as I commit to drawing closer, digger deeper and growing stronger.I am ashamed to admit how many hours I spend on FB; time that could be spent learning a new hobby, reading, exercising, or even more importantly reading more of the Word to grow. Afterall, spiritual growth is what we desire, is it not? Sometimes our growth comes from a broken place-the Bible says many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord will deliver them out of them all. We are compared to sheep and Jesus depicted as our Good Shepherd,because of our constant wandering off, getting attacked by the enemy, we are in a constant need to be delivered,guided, restored, protected and provided for.

Many times when afflictions and troubles arise, it is for our own good. I KNOW it doesn't feel like it, but it REALLY is. It is in those times that we can find peace, renewal, restoration, and joy unspeakable. Those moments that seem like an eternity are actually getting us ready to pass our test and share our testimony with someone who needs to hear it. Once we make it over, we look back and wonder just how did we make it over? Those moments teach us about the ways of God and we can begin to relax and realize, it was only for our good.

Psalm 34:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

I pray that as you read "Th Onyx Chronicles", you will be blessed richly as you love Him more deeply, and become more rooted in His truths. God Bless You!