Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No Need to Settle

Ephesians 2: 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

There is some kind of hidden treasure in reading different versions of the Bible and gaining a fresh perspective from the Word of God. Imagine my joy this past Sunday as I followed along with my Pastor and chills literally went up my spine as I used the New Living Translation (NLT) and discovered Ephesians 2:10 from an entirely new angle.

This is a very common scripture and we are probably used to it being spoken or reading it this way: For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand so that we could walk in them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it written just like that. Since this is the way it is commonly quoted, I actually like it just the way it is. It has a promise, and a pronouncement in a few simple words. But the NLT has me TOO excited! Instead of being workmanship, they use the word masterpiece instead. I don't know about you, but I have fallen in love with the notion of being thought of as God's own masterpiece. Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, Da Vinci's Mona Lisa, Michelangelo's David are considered exquisite works of art and titled masterpieces.

From a scriptural standpoint, what an awesome promise and confidence booster. Just close your eyes and think about how much work and detail goes into creating anything that would later be titled a masterpiece. To think the Almighty God, Creator of the Universe has fawned over you and I so much, taken the delicate task of creating us so intricately and perfectly, that He can airbrush our flaws and create us anew in Christ setting us apart for the plans He set in motion long ago and considers us to be masterpieces is mind-blowing. We are indeed fearfully and wonderfully made! Workmanship signals great work and detail too, but for semantics purposes, I'll take being a masterpiece any day. People sometimes call their significant others "dime pieces" and there is nothing wrong with that, but because I stand and believe firmly what the Word says about me(as you should to), I have to let the world know I am a MASTERPIECE. With all the thought and creation that goes into creating such an exquisite work of art I refuse to settle and neither should you.

Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

I pray that as you read "Th Onyx Chronicles", you will be blessed richly as you love Him more deeply, and become more rooted in His truths. God Bless You!