Thursday, October 8, 2009

Like Only He Can

At a very young age, I was sick in my body and almost died. I'm sure I only made it through because of the saints that were praying for me and encouraging my mother. At the time, my mother was a single mother and when the doctor stood flat-foot and told her that there was a possibility her child could die, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that she wanted to take my place. Any good parent would do the same thing, but she wasn't the one sick in her body; I was. My mother was told I had a virus and it had to work it's way through my nine year old body and run it's course. The threat of death was too close for comfort. For about four months, I was unable to leave the house, so you know I was sick! My favorite activity of running and playing hard until the street lights came on was a thing of the past as I laid helpless day after day on our plaid couch.

Many times the outcome appears to be hopeless. Just ask the woman with the issue of blood who had a twelve year menstrual cycle with no end in sight. She was the ultimate picture of brokenness, hopelessness, and despair, but one day she heard about Jesus. This was the day she decided to be bold and risk her last shred of hope and take a huge leap of faith. In one moment, she found more than enough faith to reach out and touch the hem of Jesus' garment, and immediately, she was healed of her affliction.

Jehovah Rophe~ The Lord Who Heals

The children of Israel had tried God's patience to no end! No matter how many times Moses spent in God's presence bringing back a Word to them, they ALWAYS failed to obey and heed ANY warning signs. One day God performed one of the many miracles for them by turning bitter waters sweet, the Lord told them if they would obey and do what was right, He would not bring upon them the diseases which the Egyptians has because He was the Lord who heals them. Now this is in right after the parting of the Red Sea, and we have much of the OT showing just how well they understood the importance of being obedient and fully committed to God. I must be a first cousin to the children of Israel because I can not count the number of times I have failed to obey; continued not to heed; and gone off to do my own thing which has sometimes resulted in a mental, spiritual, financial, or physical healing.

The prophet Jeremiah writes, heal me and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved. The healing powers are for every aspect of our lives. Physical infirmaties are visible, and a part of life, but what about the healing of our minds, and soul? The healing no one can see except Jehovah Rophe? I know I can't be the only person with impure thoughts from time to time? Does anybody else need a healing for their sin-sick souls? All of us are sinners and our Holy God loves us; but hates our sin! Sin, the little big thing that causes a break in our fellowship with our Heavenly Father. We need healing to restore us again to a right relationship with Him. Are you a grudge holder? Only Jehovah Rohpe can heal the hurt that has been done so we can go boldly into our bright future. He said in His Word, only those with clean hands and a pure heart can can ascend to the hill of the Lord.

Jehovah Rophe wants all of us to be well and whole: metally, spiritually, physically, even financially. John writes for us to be well in all things even as our soul prospers, which is THE most important thing. I pray His Shalom will overtake you and if there is anything holding you back from experiencing a whole relationship with our Lord & Savior, I pray you will allow Jehovah Rophe~ The Lord Who Heals to mend the relationship. He is waiting for you with arms wide open; just like my friend who bled for twelve long years and moved in faith to receive her healing~so should we so we may be complete, whole, and healthy in our lives. The healer is here and He is able! What do you need Him to heal?

Exodus 15
Jeremiah 17:14-17
Psalm 24:4
Mark 5: 25-34

3 John 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I pray that as you read "Th Onyx Chronicles", you will be blessed richly as you love Him more deeply, and become more rooted in His truths. God Bless You!